SERIOUSLY, The above lips I designed will be made into bikini's soon, so excited. I'll explain more below.
So my personal IG Bio says "Miracles happen everyday, but for me the biggest one's always happen on the 13th."
November 13th, 2015 will always be the first miracle that opened the door to so many more. For the last two years I've had some amazing things happen to me on the 13th, things that would steer me in a better direction. All proof that I am surely being watched over by something greater than myself.
Here's a partial list of how I see my miracles:
- November 13th, 2015 - I finally got my shit together. I'm 44 yrs old and I was tired of letting my disappointments rule my life. I Got Sober and it stuck.
- December 13th, 2015 - I arrived in Australia on the 10th and found myself in a relationship on the 13th. Otherwise known as the 13th Step in the world of AA. After such a long time feeling I could never love or be loved, this gave me the reminder I needed. I could love and be loved. No matter how short lived it was, my higher power intended it to do something and thats exactly what happened.
- January 13th, 2016 - I began writing in my gratitude journal that I received from a friend on Christmas. Di was an unexpected blessing in my life and will forever be a part of me. This small gift changed my outlook on life at the perfect time, and something I still cherish doing almost two years later.
- February 13th, 2016 - The ending of that brief relationship. The troubles in this relationship could no longer be contained. We parked in section 13 at the airport, we checked into room 13 at the lodge in New Zealand, and on the 13th I knew I didn't want this anymore. The next day on Valentines Day I climbed Mount Maunganui alone, and when I reached the top I knew I was going to be alright.
- March 13th, 2016 - I travelled on the train all the way to my sponsors house and had an amazing lunch with her and her family. That was the moment I realized I had a family here in Australia. She genuinely cared for me and was there to help me through it all. Jayne will forever be a part of my life and she's still my sponsor.
- April 13th, 2016 - I took a chance and applied for Shark Tank that was having a casting call in The Bronx, unfortunately I was still in Australia. I applied anyway, and received an email two days later placing me in the slot to pitch in a week. They even went as far as to get an approval for me to pitch via skype. Other events involving my product would force me to turn down this opportunity but it now gave me open direct communication with the casting agent. It also allowed me to develop a new relationship with a prototype guy and patent attorneys who guided me in the right direction.
- May 13th, 2016 - I now take the long awaited trip to New Zealand to visit my old roommates from The Bronx, who would think my old roommates would be living in NZ. Ross and Cameron showed me all the beauty NZ had to offer and now they have moved to one of my favorite places, Melbourne Australia. I can't wait to spend some time with you both. Maybe I'm supposed stay on this side of the world for awhile.
- June 13th, 2016 - It's was 2pm on the 13th in Australia but it was 2am on the 12th at Pulse gay night club in Florida where 49 people would lose their lives. This was a no miracle day. Innocent lives lost.
- July 13th, 2016 - I not only received notice I had to go back to New York but I also got asked to paint my first mural which I started on the 14th. Torn between being happy to have such an opportunity to put my art in someones house but sad that I had to leave Australia for awhile. I have always struggled to finish a drawing on a A4 sheet. so this piece was groundbreaking for me and opened a door to a much bigger opportunity in New York. I was just proud that I actually completed it in 3 days.
- August 13th, 2016 - My boy Seth got me a ticket to the No Commission art event held by Swiss Beatz. I enjoyed seeing the artwork and finally said to myself "I could be here showing my stuff" "I will find my style" "I am good enough" words I would never say when it came to my artwork. That evening also gave me my warnings on what to keep at arms length because I'm still young in recovery and I don't want to lose what I have. August is also when I started the Blame it on Jamie Blog and website.
And it just continued every month, just like this morning. I wrote a post about it being the 13th and 23 months sober. Being vulnerable and taking chances has been one of the greatest gifts I've learned on this journey.
So lets add today:
- October 13th, 2016 - I see a comment on the post where I shared my latest art piece, It said "That would look awesome on bikini fabric." I replied "Let's do it.". I just want to add that this person has their own prototype business here in Bali, they do it all. After a few messages back and forth, it's now being done. They even came up with "The Bronx Collection by Jamie Jones." name. I'm excited, grateful and proud that I just create and share, and people can see and respond to it. So this 13th landed my lips on some bikinis.
Not all of these will wow you as a miracle, but they are to me. First off the 13th is my sobriety date, so every month I get is a miracle. Second, no matter how big or small, bad or good an event is on the 13th, I now see it as part of my journey. I can appreciate a lesson from it all, and the ones I thought were bad were actually the opposite.
I have many miracles in between the 13th's all the time and they are usually filled beautiful loving people that have big hearts and have extended a helping hand and even their home to me.
So everyday I just let it all happen.
When opportunities arise, I'm always shown a sign that says I'm ready. As long as I've got my eyes open, my heart is in the right place, I continue to love and appreciate the ones around me, I continue to do the right thing, then I'll be alright.
So It's the 13th, and I'm Happy and of course I LOVE YOU!
MUCHO MUCHO MUCHO, Jamie
46 years old and I'm starting to feel certain things aren't bouncing back naturally 😳😬 Day 4 of my daily workout